About Tim Wade
I freelance as a professional trombonist, recording musician with The Horns, as a jazz trombone player as well as for musicals and orchestras. I arrange for singers and jazz bands and give arranging and improvisation workshops.
The Horns is my freelance horn section of three session musicians recording for other artists albums, library and film music. Trombone, sax and trumpet we record for all sorts of projects from film scores and TV theme tunes, ringtones and demo’s. Individually I’ve worked on many shows including Around the Horn; Live and Uncut and the USA Motown Show.
I work as a musician with the Stomp Company in the Lost and Found Orchestra. After run at the Sydney Opera House in the Sydney Festival, Royal Festival Hall London, Amsterdam, Miami FL, Raleigh NC, Los Angeles, Brighton, and Paris and Cologne in 2014. I work with Kofi Dako in Sa Mon Di playing Ghanaian highlife and toured in the UK last year.
I have performed with mainstream artists Digby Fairweather, Don Lusher and Bill Le Sage and Bobby Wellins as well as modern jazz giant George Russell. Toured with the Burt Bacharach tribute The Look of Love Orchestra and been a regular sideman in the UK big bands. I worked all over the world as a theatre musician on the cruise ships and then became a founder cast member of The Lost and Found Orchestra.
I started off by playing bass trombone in touring opera and tenor trombone as a freelance jazz musician. After studying with Phil Wilson at Berklee College of Music in Boston USA, then went to postgraduate jazz studies at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London where I started playing with Charlotte Glasson. Recently performing with Charlotte Glassons groups Escapade and Festivus.
For several years I played with the swing band Rockin’ in Rhythm. Featured at various jazz festivals both at home and abroad, Rockin’ in Rhythm have released three albums selling several thousand CDs, available on iTunes, and regularly toured around France, and also made expeditions to Sweden, Holland and Spain.
I have arranged for the Texan pop band Toby Beau, tribute shows of Sinatra, Matt Monroe, Elvis, Blues Brothers, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe and the Kroon Kat Lounge and Vavavavoom cabarets.
- Mike Reinstein The Long Way Home
- Tall Ships
- Fat Tuesday 2nd line
- Kate Daisy Grant Portrait
- liftmusic volumes 84 and 85
- White Star Liners – The years that slid
- Charlotte Glasson‘s Escapade
- Charlottes World Wide Web
- Nick Pynn The Colours of the Night
- Tim Wade Nonet Birth of the Cool
- Spirit Under the Influence
- Rockin’ in Ryhthm.
- Love Me or Leave Me
- Live at Le Crocus
- Logjammin – The story of Rockin in Rhythm
- Bah Samba
- Urubu – Freedom
- The Blues Corporation – Start it up
- Mooose – Pedalling in the fast lane
- Tricks upon Travellers – The last fish supper
Film, Radio and Television includes
- CBBC Dangermouse series 2 tenor and bass trombones
- BBC “Len and Lucy Cheek to Cheek”, with Len Goodman and Lucy Worsley. The Charleston
- France 3 news, Comment ca va bien?, C a vous,
Vivement Dimanche with Lost and Found Orchestra
- The Last Reef 3D from Yes/No productions
- Barcardi Island Advert
- Paul O’Grady broadcast live December 2008, with Lost and Found Orchestra
- Modern Toss, music by Dom Nunns, broadcast Channel 4 Jan 2008
- Brighton Wok film music by Ben Sarfas
- BBC Radio 3 live broadcast with The George Russell Time Life Orchestra at the Barbican Hall
- BBC Southern Counties Radio live broadcast of Tim Wade Nonet, May 2006
- Glyndebourne Opera recording of Zoe broadcast on Channel 4